Merchant of the Month
The Madison Chamber of Commerce has selected Waverly TV as the winner of the Merchant of the Month award for January.
Located at 15 Waverly Place, Waverly TV is the place for “anyone who is interested in quality home entertainment products at competitive prices,” said owner David Sainato. “Our products include televisions, audio systems and
automation. Among our best sellers are HDTV’s, home theater systems and whole home audio systems.”
Waverly TV has been in business since 1941 and is currently owned and operated by David Sainato. His wife Karin and son Joe are his business partners. Their showroom has display models and demonstrations in order to educate shoppers. Waverly TV also offers in-home consultations.
A large selections of larger TV’s are wall-mounted so customers can com-pare sizes. The showroom has a section dedicated to demonstrating audio
systems, which includes Sonos brand products, the store’s best sellers.
As home entertainment technology and products evolve and improve at a swift rate, Waverly meets the challenge. HDTV and flat panels have had the
biggest recent changes. For almost seventy-five years Waverly TV has been the leader in local, independent custom installation of both audio and video
“Until recent years repairs were a large portion of our business. Due to the drop in price and and the growth in reliability of electronics, repairs have become a smaller part of our operation,” said Sainato.
Sainato credits the loyalty of his customers in building new client interest. “Our customers seek a true understanding of the products they are buying. We understand their frustration with today’s technology and our knowledgeable staff takes the time to educate them on quality, affordable options and solutions. We offer the same quality products, service and on-going support that we have been providing for years.”
The Merchant of the Month Award recognizes businesses for their contributions to keeping the Madison business district inviting and prosperous through the upkeep and design of their properties. The award program is administered by the Chamber and the Madison Downtown Development Commission. They alternate selections monthly.
Waverly TV recently unveiled a new sign, which is mounted to its brick facade above the large display windows. The brushed aluminum, back-lit channel letters tower over a new black awning, which brings a new upscale look to the business and Waverly Place. “Our new sign finally represents the current products and the quality service that we’ve been known for,” said Sainato.
Waverly TV is the 70th Madison business to win the award. Winners receive an engraved blue brass plaque and the distinctive, blue Merchant of the Month banner that travels between stores. The entire list of winners since the establishment of the program in 2007 is posted at the Chamber’s website www.MadisonNJChamber.org.
Waverly TV, which has been a Chamber member for many decades, supports local sports programs and charities. “It’s important for us to stay involved with our community,” said Sainato. “We feel very fortunate to own a business in Madison because most residents value hometown businesses and have supported Waverly TV for seventy-three years. We appreciate our loyal customers.”
Waverly TV can be reached at 973-377-1333, email@example.com or waverlytv.com.
The Madison Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, independent
business league that was founded in 1943. The Chamber’s mission is to support and promote its dues-paying members and to enhance the economic well being of Madison. The Chamber has almost 180 member businesses and non-profits.
For additional information about the Chamber, contact 973-377-7830 or info@MadisonNJChamber.org. The Chamber’s website, which features an events calendar, a membership directory and other resources, is located at www.MadisonNJChamber.org
- Gerlachs Jewelers - May 2007.
- Coviello's - July 2007.
- T&J Service Center, Inc. - Aug 2007.
- J.M. Egan - Sept 2007.
- Blush - Nov 2007.
- Traditional Okinawan Martial Arts - Dec 2007.
- Madison Car Wash & Detail Center - Jan 2008.
- Top Notch - Feb 2008.
- Statements - March 2008.
- Empire Szechuan - April 2008.
- Rose City Jewelers - May 2008.
- European Elegance - June 2008.
- Town & Country Home - July 2008.
- Main Street Submarines - Sept 2008.
- Madison Bicycle Shop - Oct 2008.
- Wild Things - Nov 2008.
- J&M Home & Garden - Dec 2008.
- Madison Honda - Feb 2009.
- Resto - April 2009.
- Hollenbach Family Chiropractic - May 2009.
- Museum of Early Trades & Crafts - Aug 2009.
- Rose City Collision - Nov 2009.
- Cramers Carpet One - Dec 2009.
- The Chocolate Rose Shoppe - March 2010.
- Hey Cupcake! - Nov 2010.
- Creighton Edward – Dec 2010.
- Tons of Toys – Jan 2011.
- Maison Décor – Feb 2011.
- d torr boutique – April 2011.
- Schnipper’s – May 2011.
- Doddlebugz – June 2011.
- Plaza Lanes – July 2011.
- Somerset Hills Bank – Oct 2011.
- The Provident Bank – Nov 2011.
- Takuma – Dec 2011.
- Starting Line Sports – Feb 2012.
- Gary’s Wine & Marketplace – March 2012.
- Drip Coffee – April 2012.
- DownTown Salon – May 2012.
- PC Problems - June 2012.
- Coccia Realty - July 2012
- Blue Ridge Mountain Sports - August 2012
- Upholstery Plus - September 2012
- Poor Herbie's - October 2012
- Hair We Are - November 2012
- Madison Vaccum - December 2012
- The Blue Purl - January 2013
- The Nautilus Diner - February 2013
- Hilltop Community Bank - March 2013
- Salvatore Minardi Salon - April 2013
- Main Street Wine Cellars - May 2013
- Prima - June 2013
- July 2013
- August 2013
- Sprouts Consignment - September 2013
- Honor Tree Service - October 2013
- Madison Pet Shop - November 2013
- Erezuma Architect - December 2013
- San Francisco Mercantile - January 2014
- La Rosa Chicken & Grill - February 2014
- Madison Pharmacy - April 2014
- Madison Mane Salon - May 2014
- Rob's Bistro - June 2014
- Odell & Critchley - July 2014
- Dental Office of Dr. Allison Adams - August 2014
- La La Land - September 2014
- Wireless Zone - October 2014
- November 2014
- December 2014
- Waverly TV- January 2015