Merchant of the Month
March Merchant of the Month
Investors Bank, which recently cut the ribbon on its new Madison branch building, is the Madison Chamber of Commerce’s winner of the Merchant of the Month Award for March.
“Investors Bank is able to offer a financial product line that is competitive with those of larger institutions,” said Corporation-Branch Manager Nadine Vitro. “We have a highly experienced, locally based management team and a clear focus on the needs of both New Jersey and New York residents.”
This winter, the Madison branch moved from its Waverly Place location to its new home at 134 Main Street, which is across the street from Stop & Shop.
A stunning grand opening reception on March 3 welcomed many key representatives from Investors Bank and elected officials and professionals from the Borough of Madison. Also in attendance were representatives of the Madison Board of Education, the Madison Downtown Development Commission (DDC), the Rotary Club of Madison and the Chamber, among other organizations and individuals.
With more than $18 billion in assets and a network of more than 130 retail branches, Investors Bank delivers personalized and friendly service and products tailored to the needs of customers, Vitro said. The corporate headquarters for Investors Bank is in Short Hills, NJ.
Investors Bank is a full-service community bank that offers mortgages, commercial real estate loans, home equity loans, lines of credit, a variety of checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposits, credit card services, online banking and other financial services.
Investors Bank serves a wide range of customers that includes consumers, businesses, real estate professionals, non-profits and municipalities.
“Our excellent advertising and marketing help promote our brand. However, it is being part of a community and building those relationships throughout the town that keeps our customers loyal,” said Vitro.
“We provide great customer service,” said Marsha Ann Zimmerman, the Madison branch’s customer service manager. “Our customers keep coming back because they know we care about them and provide them with sound financial advice.”
The success of the bank has allowed it to support local civic, educational and charitable organizations through direct giving and staff volunteerism.
Investors Bank is a strong supporter of many organizations, including May Day in Madison; Bottle Hill Day; Touch a Truck; Taste of Madison; The Adult School of the Chathams, Madison and Florham Park; Madison Arts & Culture Alliance; Museum of Early Trades & Crafts; The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey; and Madison Senior Center. The bank also supports the Interfaith Food Pantry, which serves Morris County.
“Investors Bank is genuinely concerned about the well-being of the communities they serve.” said Vitro. ‘Investors’ are people who care deeply about their families, their work and their communities.”
“Investors Bank is an exemplary corporate citizen,” said John Morris, president of the Chamber.
The Merchant of the Month Award program recognizes businesses for their contributions to keeping the Madison business district inviting and prosperous through the upkeep and design of their properties. The Chamber and the DDC jointly manage the program and alternate selections monthly.
Each winner receives a custom engraved blue brass plaque, along with a traveling blue banner that depicts Madison’s historic Hartley Dodge Memorial building, home of the municipality’s government.
Investors Bank designed and built its distinctive and modern new branch building in order to provide the most efficient and effective banking experience for its patrons. Large windows in the red brick façade help illuminate the interior workspaces and the business going on there. The banking drive-through portal and parking lot are located at the rear of the building.
To maintain the branch’s appearance, “We hire local Madison and Morris County contractors to work with our real estate services area,” Vitro said.
“Nadine, a current Chamber Board member, has been a member of the Madison Chamber of Commerce since 2013 and Marsha Ann has been a member for 10 plus years,” said Karen Meyer Giambra, the Chamber’s executive director. “We have always found tremendous support from Investors Bank and we are so very happy have them as members of our Board of Directors.”
“Good relationships build strong business partnerships and create a stronger town,” said Vitro. “I love managing the Madison branch. I work for a great bank in a great town. Who wouldn’t be happy!”
The Chamber, founded in 1943, is a non-partisan, non-profit organization of more than 180 dues-paying member organizations promoting the commercial and economic interests of their own endeavors and Madison through programs, events, education and advocacy.
The Chamber is a federally recognized 501(c)(6) business league. Along with the Borough of Madison and the DDC, the Chamber is a partner in the “Love Madison, Shop Madison” program.
For additional information about the Chamber, contact 973-377-7830 or info@MadisonNJChamber.org. The Chamber’s website, which features an events calendar, a membership directory and other resources, is www.MadisonNJChamber.org
Merchant of the Month Award Recipients:
- Gerlachs Jewelers - May 2007.
- Coviello's - July 2007.
- T&J Service Center, Inc. - Aug 2007.
- J.M. Egan - Sept 2007.
- Blush - Nov 2007.
- Traditional Okinawan Martial Arts - Dec 2007.
- Madison Car Wash & Detail Center - Jan 2008.
- Top Notch - Feb 2008.
- Statements - March 2008.
- Empire Szechuan - April 2008.
- Rose City Jewelers - May 2008.
- European Elegance - June 2008.
- Town & Country Home - July 2008.
- Main Street Submarines - Sept 2008.
- Madison Bicycle Shop - Oct 2008.
- Wild Things - Nov 2008.
- J&M Home & Garden - Dec 2008.
- Madison Honda - Feb 2009.
- Resto - April 2009.
- Hollenbach Family Chiropractic - May 2009.
- Museum of Early Trades & Crafts - Aug 2009.
- Rose City Collision - Nov 2009.
- Cramers Carpet One - Dec 2009.
- The Chocolate Rose Shoppe - March 2010.
- Hey Cupcake! - Nov 2010.
- Creighton Edward – Dec 2010.
- Tons of Toys – Jan 2011.
- Maison Décor – Feb 2011.
- d torr boutique – April 2011.
- Schnipper’s – May 2011.
- Doddlebugz – June 2011.
- Plaza Lanes – July 2011.
- Somerset Hills Bank – Oct 2011.
- The Provident Bank – Nov 2011.
- Takuma – Dec 2011.
- Starting Line Sports – Feb 2012.
- Gary’s Wine & Marketplace – March 2012.
- Drip Coffee – April 2012.
- DownTown Salon – May 2012.
- PC Problems - June 2012.
- Coccia Realty - July 2012
- Blue Ridge Mountain Sports - August 2012
- Upholstery Plus - September 2012
- Poor Herbie's - October 2012
- Hair We Are - November 2012
- Madison Vaccum - December 2012
- The Blue Purl - January 2013
- The Nautilus Diner - February 2013
- Hilltop Community Bank - March 2013
- Salvatore Minardi Salon - April 2013
- Main Street Wine Cellars - May 2013
- Prima - June 2013
- July 2013
- August 2013
- Sprouts Consignment - September 2013
- Honor Tree Service - October 2013
- Madison Pet Shop - November 2013
- Erezuma Architect - December 2013
- San Francisco Mercantile - January 2014
- La Rosa Chicken & Grill - February 2014
- Madison Pharmacy - April 2014
- Madison Mane Salon - May 2014
- Rob's Bistro - June 2014
- Odell & Critchley - July 2014
- Dental Office of Dr. Allison Adams - August 2014
- La La Land - September 2014
- Wireless Zone - October 2014
- November 2014
- December 2014
- Waverly TV- January 2015
- Wireless Zone- February 2015
- Investors Bank- March 2015