Merchant of the Month
Odell & Critchley, PC, certified public accountants, which is located at 333 Main Street, is the winner of the Madison Chamber of Commerce’s Merchant of the Month Award for July.
E. Michael Odell, CPA, and Paul Critchley, CPA/PFS, CFP, are business partners and the firm’s principals. A full-service accounting firm serving clients throughout the Madison area and beyond, Odell & Critchley, PC is dedicated to providing professional, personalized services and guidance in a wide range of financial and business needs, said Odell.
Odell & Critchley, PC specializes in individual, corporate, partnership, trust and estate tax preparation, investment and financial planning. “We focus on specializing in small businesses and individual tax preparation,” said Critchley.
“In these times, most businesses use QuickBooks for their bookkeeping and we can help the business set up and use the program efficiently,” Odell said. “Many businesses set up a bookkeeping system that’s more complicated than it needs to be. In turn, the business owner spends more time on bookkeeping than necessary,” he said.
The Merchant of the Month Award recognizes businesses for their contributions to keeping the Madison business district prosperous and inviting through the upkeep and design of their properties. The award program is administered by the Chamber and the Madison Downtown Development Commission. They alternate selections monthly.
The foundation of Odell & Critchley, PC was established by Bill Odell when he launched an accounting firm in Chatham in 1969. Bill Odell, a longtime Madisonian and now retired, is Michael Odell's father. In 1978 Bill Odell relocated his firm from Chatham to Madison. In December 2008 Michael Odell and Paul Critchley purchased the elder Odell’s firm and relaunched it as Odell & Chritchley, PC.
Odell & Critchley, PC moved from 15 Green Village Road to its present location at 333 Main Street in September 2012. The firm’s offices are on the first floor of a 10,000 square foot, two-story brick Colonial professional building.
“The well manicured lawn and very efficient interior are the perfect location and atmosphere for this firm,” said John Morris, President of the Chamber. “The striking blue color of their sign and their very attractive and unique logo has created a brand that’s professional and memorable and mirrors Mike and Paul’s commitment to excellence.” Morris is also the co-owner of Stewart-Morris, Awards, Gifts & Flags, 71 Kings Road, Madison.
Odell & Critchley, PC is the sixty-first Madison business to win the Merchant of the Month Award. Winners receive an engraved blue brass plaque and the distinctive, blue Merchant of the Month banner that travels between recipients. The entire list of recipients since the establishment of the program in 2007 is posted at the Chamber’s website www.MadisonNJChamber.org.
Odell & Critchley, PC has been a member of the Chamber for more than thirty years. “We feel it’s important to connect with other businesses in Madison to help each other grow professionally as well as personally.” said Odell.
“The business relationships have turned into friendly relationship. These relationships have helped us connect to Madison and that is what makes Madison a very special community,” Critchely said.
“Madison is a great town with many people putting in a lot of effort to attract people to the town. These same people are also first to stand up and help in any crisis or fund raising efforts to help others that aren’t as fortunate as us,” Odell said. “Just look at the Madison Rotary, there are almost 100 members and that’s far more than any other Rotary club in the area.”
Both Odell and Critchley give back to the community. They enjoy helping local non-profits and other organizations that support and encourage children, education and civic improvements. Both partners have devoted their time and expertise to youth baseball programs. Odell has been a member of the Chamber Board of Directors since 2008 and was its treasurer from 2008 to 2012. He is a member of the Rotary Club of Madison and the Taste of Madison Organizing Committee.
The Madison Area Chamber of Commerce, Inc. is a non-profit, independent business league that was founded in 1943. The Chamber’s mission is to support and promote its dues-paying members and to enhance the economic well being of Madison. The Chamber has almost 200 dues-paying members, which include businesses, non-profit organizations and institutions of higher learning.
For additional information about the Chamber, contact 973-377-7830 or info@MadisonNJChamber.org. The Chamber’s website, which features an events calendar, a membership directory and other resources, is located at www.MadisonNJChamber.org.
- Gerlachs Jewelers - May 2007.
- Coviello's - July 2007.
- T&J Service Center, Inc. - Aug 2007.
- J.M. Egan - Sept 2007.
- Blush - Nov 2007.
- Traditional Okinawan Martial Arts - Dec 2007.
- Madison Car Wash & Detail Center - Jan 2008.
- Top Notch - Feb 2008.
- Statements - March 2008.
- Empire Szechuan - April 2008.
- Rose City Jewelers - May 2008.
- European Elegance - June 2008.
- Town & Country Home - July 2008.
- Main Street Submarines - Sept 2008.
- Madison Bicycle Shop - Oct 2008.
- Wild Things - Nov 2008.
- J&M Home & Garden - Dec 2008.
- Madison Honda - Feb 2009.
- Resto - April 2009.
- Hollenbach Family Chiropractic - May 2009.
- Museum of Early Trades & Crafts - Aug 2009.
- Rose City Collision - Nov 2009.
- Cramers Carpet One - Dec 2009.
- The Chocolate Rose Shoppe - March 2010.
- Hey Cupcake! - Nov 2010.
- Creighton Edward – Dec 2010.
- Tons of Toys – Jan 2011.
- Maison Décor – Feb 2011.
- d torr boutique – April 2011.
- Schnipper’s – May 2011.
- Doddlebugz – June 2011.
- Plaza Lanes – July 2011.
- Somerset Hills Bank – Oct 2011.
- The Provident Bank – Nov 2011.
- Takuma – Dec 2011.
- Starting Line Sports – Feb 2012.
- Gary’s Wine & Marketplace – March 2012.
- Drip Coffee – April 2012.
- DownTown Salon – May 2012.
- PC Problems - June 2012.
- Coccia Realty - July 2012
- Blue Ridge Mountain Sports - August 2012
- Upholstery Plus - September 2012
- Poor Herbie's - October 2012
- Hair We Are - November 2012
- Madison Vaccum - December 2012
- The Blue Purl - January 2013
- The Nautilus Diner - February 2013
- Hilltop Community Bank - March 2013
- Salvatore Minardi Salon - April 2013
- Main Street Wine Cellars - May 2013
- Prima - June 2013
- July 2013
- August 2013
- Sprouts Consignment - September 2013
- Honor Tree Service - October 2013
- Madison Pet Shop - November 2013
- Erezuma Architect - December 2013
- San Francisco Mercantile - January 2014
- La Rosa Chicken & Grill - February 2014
- Odell &Crictchley - March 2014
- Madison Pharmacy - April 2014
- Madison Mane Salon - May 2014
- Rob's Bistro - June 2014
- Odell & Critchley - July 2014